Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 12:07:46 -0500

Hello Jim, Barton Creek runs into Barton Springs which is an iconic
swimming hole, maybe a large as two Olympic swimming pools.   The Springs
are filled by outflow from the Edward's Aquifer which is also a major waste
source for the county.   Besides the university and State Capital the
Springs are a foundational part of city living.

When our mis- beloved mayor understands that out R naught is below one he
will reopen the Springs and I will have a series on the pool.   If our
grocery stores and big box home improvement stores can keep track of
customer concentrations then the city should be able to monitor and control
the pool for appropriate distancing.   There is a spillway just downstream
of Barton Springs that is beloved by dog owners: or city kept 12-18 city
employees at the entrance points to keep people out.   They obviously have
the budget to control density to save levels.   The state manages our parks
by making entrance by reservation only to control density.