Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/5/2020: first restaurant outing in more than 2 months
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 16:52:41 +0200

OK, I reply on list to enlighten the barbarians :-)  ?Paella? as it is known
around the world is usually associated with seafood. However, the real
Valencian paella (and Valencia IS the birthday of paella) is made with
chicken and rabbit. It was originally a dish that originated inland in the
Valencia region, and the farmers who made it used the meat available. Only
later arrived the ?paella de mariscos? which is people outside Spain think
is paella. And there are many variations, according to how creamy the rice
is, whether the shellfish are with or without the shells, etc. In this
context there is nothing strange about a vegetarian paella, and most paella
places have it. Funny enough, the one at Hostal Maruja, a place mostly
focused on seafood, is among the best in our area.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"