Subject: [Leica] "La Vente de la Louisiane"
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 18:00:01 +0100

That is fascinating, Sonny.

Coming from an Irish perspective, we're still struggling to release
ourselves from English dominance in that a large number of the British
population think that we're still part of the UK. We have to laugh when
someone Irish does well in anything and the UK tabloids credit it as a
British success. I remember well when Stephen Roche won the Giro
d'Italia, Tour de France, and World Cycling Championships in the same
year, and he was hailed as the great British cyclist. Mind you, if
someone Irish manages an epic fail, they get called Irish :-)

Douglas