Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photo - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 20:18:26 -0500

The year Gen Convention was in New Orleans, Tutu was there to speak.  I was
at Grace Episcopal, and we were going to do a press conference at Rev. Joe
Doss?s house next door.  I had all the press set up in the living room and
Tutu was late.  I was waiting outside, and finally the diminutive black man
in purple got out of a car just after it drove up. I grabbed him and rushed
him inside, and sat him in front of the cameras.  One of the reporters
asked him who he was.

I suddenly realized I had grabbed the wrong bish.  It was John Walker,
bishop of Washington.  I let them go on while I went out to find the right
Right Reverend.   I found him and he came in and joined the Press
Conference.  No harm done, but I still get kidded by Joe for that one.

SonC