Subject: [Leica] Community Cemetery
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 12:06:41 +0100

Lovely stuff, Ric. I like wandering around cemeteries myself, and often
ponder what epitaphs will sum up the keyboard warriors and twitterati of
the present, maybe "Like" and "Plus One"... Anyway, cemeteries and
graves always put me in mind of Vladimir Holan's poem "Resurrection"

Is it true that after this life of ours we shall one day be awakened
by a terrifying clamour of trumpets?
Forgive me God, but I console myself
that the beginning and resurrection of all of us dead
will simply be announced by the crowing of the cock.

After that we'll remain lying down a while...
The first to get up
will be Mother...We'll hear her
quietly laying the fire,
quietly putting the kettle on the stove
and cosily taking the teapot out of the cupboard.
We'll be home once more.

Douglas