Subject: [Leica] OT, not Re: Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 14:51:42 -0500

This is going to be a case of experimenting with peoples lives.   The trend
up in cases is probably due to increased testing.   The key metric will be
hospitalizations and deaths in another 8-10 days.   The trick is to balance
harm from the virus vs. harm from lack of economic opportunity and outright
starvation in countries dependant on economic activity from the first
world.

Georgia is now 9-10 days into their loosening so hospital admittance
figures will start to be relevant to the discussion(assumption being that
exposure to expression of symptoms is 7-14 days).  In Georgia the hotspots
have been Rome, Columbus,  and of course Atlanta.  Rome became a hotspot
from a large funeral early on.   Rome and Columbus largely opened up and
Atlanta was very mixed with a lot of non opening.   Comparing percentages
between the cities will be informative.