Subject: [Leica] A bias when collecting photographs
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 14:38:19 -0400

I have been a professional artist for 25 yrs and have never once been asked
by a collector what kind of prints I sell, nor has any said they consider
inkjet prints inferior. The serious art world just doesn't care. That's a
fetish of amateur photographers who need to prop up their own work by making
it about the medium. The art world doesn't care about the medium, they care
about the image.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 5/2/20, 12:10 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    No, not at all. It is a bias well past its fly by date, IMHO. I have
    digitally printed signed, numbered, limited editions of Ted's work as
well.

    If you want HCB, estate stamped, look for Magnum posters, It all depends
on
    whether you want - something iconic on your wall to enjoy, or an
    investment, It is all up to you.

    https://www.magnumphotos.com/shop/collections/posters/

    Cheers
    Jayanand

    On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:29 PM Richard Clompus via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>
    wrote:

    > I?ve purchased fine art photographs from galleries over the years from
    > photographers that have excited me.  Usually they are from
photographers
    > that I read about during my college years.   I?d love to have a silver
    > halide print from Henri Cartier-Bresson or Eugene Smith but at $30,000
USD,