Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 01:05:19 +0100

Wayne,
The workmanship on those gravestones is exemplary. Nice shot.

BTW I also looked at the next one of Mike Hailwood at Hockenheim in the
Lola in 1969. Another good shot and brought back memories of seeing Mike
the Bike driving it in Ireland in July of that year. The following year,
I sat in the same T142 car at Mondello over here when Lingard Goulding
bought it. I was a marshal at the track then, and some later in the
'80s, when I ran marathons and focused on mountain running, I wound up
running with Ling and his brother Ham in the Wicklow hills in the '80s.

On the Lola, Ling crashed it a couple of times that year and had a new
monocoque made up by Charles Beattie before writing off the car fairly
comprehensively. Here's the history of it if you're interested.
https://www.oldracingcars.com/beattie/p1100/

Douglas