Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Song Sparrow
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:17:44 -0500

Depending on your budget look for an ugly 500-600mm manual focus lens from
a major manufacturer.  They should be 600-900 dollars or so.   If you
purchase from a reputable dealer you can return for full refund.   On
professional lenses ugly refers to wear most of the time not fungus.   I
bought a 300 L 2.8 for under$400 from KEH as they thought the mount was
loose: a little work with a screwdriver and I was in business.   You
quality of image will go up dramatically.

Pentax lenses are very underrated and don't ignore lenses for 645 or 6x7
formats as you will only be using the center of the image circle.
 Shooting from a blind weight isn't a problem.