Subject: [Leica] Memories of Ted Grant
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 21:39:27 -0700

I've been so saddened by Ted Grant's passing that for several days I
didn't know what to say or write. Today I gathered up four pictures that
I hope will spark fond memories of our friend, teacher and mentor.

These two are from Ted's talk at the 2002 LHSA gathering in Portland,
OR, where I first met him in person.? The first you've probably not seen
before. I'd scanned the film (T400CN, I believe) back then but never
worked it up. It's about light. The second shows Ted describing his most
famous photo. He liked that shot and asked me for a couple of prints,
which of course I gave him.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49815779216/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49815778901/in/dateposted-public/>

Here's Ted with Leica's own Stefan Daniel at the LHSA meeting in
Vancouver, 2016.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49815238153/in/dateposted-public/>

And here he is regaling Katya and me with one of his stories (I think
the one about his parachute jump, and how Irene reacted to it).? Many of
us will recognize the photo in the background, and the card on the wall.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49815237728/in/dateposted-public/>

RIP, Ted. I hope you are "up there" sharing sushi and a single malt with
Eisie, with Irene at your side.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Memories of Ted Grant)