Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old is New Again
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 17:16:28 -0500

After dealing with noise in extreme crops of birds from the images
produced by my 50-200, I decided to try another lens/camera
combination.? I put a 2X extender on the Leica Telyt-R? 250mm and
adapted that combo to my Olympus E-M1, enabling the digital extender.?
This allowed me to use a magnified image on the rear screen, which
greatly improved fine focusing.? So, I'm effectively using a 500mm lens,
with a magnified focusing aid, on my micro 4/3 camera.

 From the usual array of squirrels and birds, I chose this hungry House
Sparrow as my target.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200420-P4201081.JPG.html

To me, it looks promising.? This makes manual focusing enjoyable once more.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: Old is New Again)