Subject: [Leica] Blackmon exhibition
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:06:58 +0100

That's fair enough, Peter. A chacun son go?t. They ARE artificial, but
many great photographers have used artifice - think Philippe Halsman,
Man Ray, Sally Mann, and myriads more. Anytime there is any direction in
a portrait, that's artifice, even getting the subject to sit in a
certain manner in a certain light...

I happen to enjoy Blackmon's particular artifice in setting up these
shots, and wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of them. However, I
have a major hurdle living with me. My wife likes paintings and doesn't
mind me buying those, but baulks at photographs :-)

Keep safe!

Douglas