Subject: [Leica] Last sad news about our beloved Ted
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 23:32:39 +0100

I'm afraid I'm not on FB, but I'm really sorry that poor Ted has lost
his fight.
He was a brilliant photographer whose picture of Pierre Trudeau sliding
down those bannisters back in '68 first jumped off the page at everyone
used to an age of staider politicians. It made the Irish and British
papers, and its impact probably made Pierre Trudeau's fame outside
Canada. Before that Canada was mounties, lumberjacks and Canada Dry to
most of us over on this side of the pond. Ted showed us it also had
charisma.

He will always be remembered, and it's only a pity that the sad fall-out
left by some murdering lunatic with a gun in Nova Scotia will possibly
impact on the coverage of a great man's passing. Being the great
newspaper man, I'm sure he's looking down and laughing at the irony of it.

May he rest in peace.

Douglas