Subject: [Leica] IMGs X 9: The CoVid Chronicles 16 - Bushmills
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 14:08:43 +0000

Douglas, I've always considered whisky to be good for the body, be it Scotch
or Irish, so I can only agree with your medical approach to this beverage.
Lagavulin is out of reach for me these days - I think it is way too
expensive - so my daily intake is a dram, or two, of Bushmills, the basic
one. It's Northern Irish, so sorry, but this is a friendly, "smooth and
mellow" blend (of single malts, though) one may drink any time of the day.
Sl?inte Mhaith! JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie>
Envoy? : dimanche 19 avril 2020 13:46
? : Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Objet : Re: [Leica] IMGs X 9: The CoVid Chronicles 16

Thanks Jayanand, and reading about your pragmatic approach to your booze
supplies - best first, others next - I decided, despite being on a dry
streak, a course of antibiotics, and it being before lunch, to have a
5ml spoon of Scotch purely for medicinal purposes, so dipped into an
opened 24 year old Glen Marnoch which I picked up four or five years ago
as a supermarket special offer. Its peatiness warmed the cockles of my
cold heart, but I far prefer the smoother taste of Irish whiskey which I
think is the best whiskey in the world. Sorry Scotland, but we Irish do
the important things right :-)

When I finish the antibiotics, I'll be opening a bottle of 12 year old
Jameson Redbreast to celebrate.

Douglas