Subject: [Leica] IMGs X 15: The CoVid Chronicles 15
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 20:08:49 +0100

Here are fifteen shots taken on the 14th April and show the houses on
Montpelier Parade some metres to the west of my entrance driveway.

These are Georgian (George III) built in 1795 to 1802, were named after
the French university and resort town of Montpellier, and served as
summer houses for wealthy Dubliners at the time. All of them have a
Piano Nobile which had a sea view until about fifty years later when the
area sloping down to the sea was infilled with Victorian houses. The
Dublin to Kingstown railway line was built in 1834 and thus opened up
access to Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire (Kingstown at the time).? It was
named after George IV who arrived in the Royal Yacht at Howth across the
bay in 1821 pissed as a newt. The King left from the newly constructed
harbour at Dun Laoghaire, still pissed as a newt, where he had been
supposed to originally land. The local burghers were so delighted by
this singular fleeting honour, they sycophantically renamed the town
Kingstown. Kingstown was renamed back to Dun Laoghaire in 1920 just
before Irish independence.

The first shot is a look at my neglected driveway which was supposed to
be sprayed with weedkiller, and then regravelled until CoVid came and
stopped those sort of plans.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Montpelier+Parade+looking+west.jpg.html

and keep going to the right until you get to
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Montpelier+Parade+nameplate+sign+3.jpg.html

You will see I have included three nameplate signs for Montpelier Parade
all of which have variations on the Irish language spelling that should
be used.

All were taken with my Sony A7II with Samyang 35/2.8 lens and can be
seen larger if wished.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMGs X 15: The CoVid Chronicles 15)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs X 15: The CoVid Chronicles 15)