Subject: [Leica] Still Life
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 11:07:15 +0000

This one's my favourite ... but I also like your choice of classics from
Europe - your daughter is indeed very talented, her use of colour is quite
unique.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/FS-20200406-075.jpg.html
Orange Bitters and
Shell<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/FS-20200406-075.jpg.html>
Chennai, India April 2020
gallery.leica-users.org

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : mercredi 15 avril 2020 07:37
? : Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>; PSM <psm-1857 at
googlegroups.com>
Cc : Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
Objet : [Leica] Still Life

After twiddling my thumbs for a few days after the lock down started here
in India, I decided to teach myself focus stacking, and shoot some still
life compositions at home. Luckily, the Nikon Z7 has an automatic focus
stacking feature built in, which they call "Focus Shift". After due
experimentation to learn how the settings affect the final output, I
decided to start. These are some of my initial efforts. Most of these
required blending of 10 -20 images. The camera used was Nikon Z7 with the
Nikkor Z24-70mm f4S kit lens. and the software used was Lightroom
Classic/Helicon Focus/Photoshop CC. I first tried blending in Photoshop,
but found that regularly introduced artifacts, so I purchased Helicon
Focus, which is really on a different level altogether for blending a
series of photographs. The first four submissions are blended with
Photoshop CC, and the last four with Helicon Focus.

First up I started with some oranges and newspapers:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/fs12-20200409-032.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/fs13-20200409-017.jpg.html

Then I tried my hand at more traditional fare:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/FS-20200406-075.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/FS1-20200405-005.jpg.html

Three variations, both in terms of viewing angle as well as formats, with
much the same props:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/2020-04-11+08-50-02+_B_Radius8_Smoothing4_.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/2020-04-11+09-14-55+_B_Radius8_Smoothing4_.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/2020-04-11+09-36-02+_B_Radius8_Smoothing4_.jpg.html

Finally, some design and product classics from Europe (Luis should
recognize the camera!). Painting by my granddaughter when she was 4 years
old:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/FS/2020-04-10+15-56-14+_B_Radius8_Smoothing4_.jpg.html

Please see LARGE.

Comments and Criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand