Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rainy Day Shots
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 14:57:59 -0500

Because of a stormy weather system moving through, I won't be out
looking for flowers today.? I decided to see what my indoor blind had to
offer.? This is a shop bathroom with the screen removed, allowing me to
follow the wildlife activities in my back yard.

I decided to explore the "Digital Zoom" feature of my Olympus E-M1, to
add a little more reach to the 50-200 SWD lens.? The manual says it is
approximately equivalent to a 2X Extender.? To be honest, I was
pleasantly surprised.? Here are two examples.

A Gray Squirrel? looking for sunflower seeds beneath a bird feeder:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200412-P4120910.JPG.html

A Black Capped Chickadee preparing to grab a seed and fly up in the oak
tree:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200412-P4120921.JPG.html

As I was typing this email, lightning momentarily knocked out power in
my neighborhood.? The email disappeared.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: Rainy Day Shots)