Subject: [Leica] Dr. Ted
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 23:48:09 -0700

I am so sorry and sad to hear the news about Ted. He has been a friend
and mentor to so many of us. We love him.

Not quite a year ago, a group of us helped Ted celebrate his 90th
birthday at the Oak Bay Marina in Victoria, BC, Canada.? I took this
portrait of him holding his M8:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/47948926808/in/dateposted-public/>
And the day before, he was also in fine form, giving his traditional
gesture (photo by Geoff Hopkinson):
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/47970947786/in/dateposted-public/>

If (as Ted might put it) the Great Spirit wills it, may he have a full
and speedy recovery. If that is not to be, may that same Great Spirit
receive him kindly, with love and without pain. And with someone close
to his heart with him.

--Peter