Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 9 : The CoVid Chronicles 10
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 20:52:05 +0100

Philippe
The 20FF one in my photo is the Fisherman from Brittany note and was
issued on the 5=11=1942 in German occupied France (ironically, it's the
same age as my Leica IIIc) and is in, ahem, "well used condition". So,
it's before the Bretton Woods agreement in 1944. Let's just say it
bought a lot more when it was issued than when it was withdrawn around
1950 and replaced by a coin.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGENDARY-FRENCH-FISHERMAN-EXCEPTIONALLY-CONDITION/dp/B07L4VNYX8

When I worked in foreign exchange in a bank here, I collected old notes
that had no value. I have a lot more that are not in the photo, but as
to where they actually are after various house moves, I have no idea.
The German 1000 RM note from the 1/1/1923 may even have been used by
Paul Franke to buy the land at Braunschweig to build the new Rollei
factory on. Who knows? Paper money keeps its secrets, but gold holds its
value.

Douglas