Subject: [Leica] Your First Leica?
From: filippiniaia at hotmail.com (Matt Filippini)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 15:06:14 +0000

Since I contributed to the yearbook, I thought this thread might be a good
time to check in after many years:

Back in 1988, when I was 22, I was a regular at a resale shop that would put
photo stuff aside for me.  One day they had (from an estate they had bought
out) a treasure trove set aside for me: an M5, 21/3.4, 50/1.4, 90/2.0,
135/2.8 kit, along with a Rolleiflex 2.8F.   Both cameras and all lenses had
leather cases, all the hoods and caps, and a Leica tabletop tripod was
included as well.

Although I couldn't responsibly afford it, I knew it was much too great a
bargin to pass up, so I bought all of it.   $800 for the Leica kit and $50
for the 'flex.

All worked perfectly and still do; the M5 and 2.8F have both gone through
one total overhaul each in the last 32 years.  I still use all of it
regularly.

Matt Filippini