Subject: [Leica] Your First Leica?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 16:19:39 -0700

My first Leica was a IIIf, with 35, 50, and 90 lenses with a brightline
finder for each lens.
I bought it in 1971 from Industrial Photo in Silver Spring, Maryland,
where a Baltimore Sun photographer had put it for a consignment sale
upon his retirement.

I haven't used it in about 15 years, but I'll never part with it. Every
year or two I just pick it up and hold it and look through the
brightline finders.

My second Leica was an M6, which members of the LUG collectively bought
for me sometime in the mid 1990s. I don't remember the exact year. I
still have it, too.