Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 05:32:45 -0500

Greetings to all.  I took a stroll with Swmbo late in the week, the same
stroll that produced the sign images.  While Austinites are obeying the
letter of the social distance dictates I am not sure how much longer that
will last.  Central Texas has had few cases and I believe three deaths in
the surrounding three counties which represents something over 1.5 million
people.

What follows is pretty typical of what you will find Americans doing in
flyover country.  Respect for the seriousness but exercising perhaps less
caution than is appropriate.  We will see how the mortality curves work out
throughout the world.

So we will start with a food truck where a customer is waiting on his
food.  I don't think he understands hard surfaces:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/little+Thai+Food.jpg.html

If you are a government worker life goes on pretty much as usual.  This is
at the state school for the deaf which is a residential school.  All
the students have been sent home so the staff is doing routine maintenance:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/School+for+the+Deaf+yellow+line.jpg.html

There is a park following the city lake that has open fields.  While
everyone kept their distance I am not sure about contact with potential
virus sites was a concern:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Covid+at+the+park.jpg.html

Some displayed what we all worry about when isolated from friends and
family:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Covid+isolation.jpg.html

I hope this was a family unit:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/covid+on+the+bridge.jpg.html

There were many people using this path:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/jogging+in+the+park.jpg.html

Taking advantage of a sunny day these residents were out sunbathing:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/sunbathing+seperation.jpg.html

This view is a continuation of the path that the jogger was on and is a
better view of the density on the path:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/social+distance+on+the+bridge.jpg.html

We will end todays tour with this young father taking his 11month old out
to a neighborhood park to both escape the house and to give his wife a
break.  It is never too early to play ball with your children; he told me
his son has only been walking for two weeks:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/11+month+basketballer.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don