Subject: [Leica] RETROSPECT 72
From: billclough042541 at gmail.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 13:24:12 -0500

   Ada Williams was 103 and had caught chicken pox. The only photograph
possible was some kind of portrait. But it also serves as a great mistake.
One of the first lessons all photographers learn is the first thing you do
when taking a picture is to look behind the subject. I didn?t do that. When
the picture was published, one of the editors asked me if I realized what I
had done to Mrs. Williams. ?You should have lowered the restraint behind
her. Leaving it up, the shape makes it look as if she was in a coffin.?
It?s a bitter lesson I have never forgotten.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/RETROSPECT/Ada+Williams_+Houston_+Texas+April_+1973+___+01611.jpg.html

?Bill

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] RETROSPECT 72)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] RETROSPECT 72)