Subject: [Leica] Photo awards etc
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 19:43:10 +0530

WOW! What an auction.

These are what I would buy, for investment, affordability and personal
preference.

Actually, my first choice would be this Salgado photograph, especially in
the age of coronavirus. This station handles 8-10 million commuters a day
when at full throttle, and this picture is just a perfect symbolic capture!

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/photographs-2/sebastiao-salgado-churchgate-station-india

Both these HCB classics seem good value, relative to some of the crazy
prices there:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/photographs-2/henri-cartier-bresson-siphnos-greece

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/photographs-2/henri-cartier-bresson-on-the-banks-of-the-marne

This because, well, it is Gene Smith:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/photographs-2/w-eugene-smith-dance-of-the-flaming-coke

Finally, this very Vermeerish scene - well, if you cannot have a Vermeer
original, this is the next best!

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/photographs-2/tom-hunter-the-girl-with-the-glass-of-wine

Cheers
Jayanand