Subject: [Leica] Planning a LUG video gathering
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 23:43:04 +0100

Thanks Brian,? My wife has a hospital appointment for her cancer
treatment, but she usually drives herself in, so that time should suit
me also.

The only other issue I have is a minor one. Since my children returned
to Ireland some years ago, I never bothered with my webcam, so
discovered that it's way out of date and now unrecognised by Windows 10.
I tried to buy a replacement, but no joy - all relevant shops here are
now closed, and online ones have a huge delay in delivery - several
weeks or more. I probably could get a driver for it on the web, but that
runs the risk of getting a whole lot hidden crap with it.

So, as a workaround, I'm going to set it up on my iPhone, but I see that
there are variants on the app store - Zoom Cloud and Zoom Social. I've
downloaded both but I presume it's the Z Cloud, I'll need, yes? The only
problem with the iPhone is the screen size, so I may try getting Zoom on
my wife's iPad which hasn't had anything new put on it since she got it
in 2012! Needless to say, thanks to her chemo-brain at the time - she's
forgotten what her Apple password is and which one of her several email
addresses she used...

Don't you love technology!

Douglas