Subject: [Leica] RETROSPECT 51
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 15:22:59 +0000

Mmm, enigmatic, Bill, but not exactly a relic as I'd understand it.

The book seems to be a 1970s reprint of ?mile-Jules Grillot de Givry's
book Witchcraft Magic and Alchemy, and the piece shown is the charred
remnant of page 116. Probably from the parson/priest's library, as they
tend to watch out for occult tendencies amongst their flocks.
I remember winding up one of the priests who taught us and who also
acted as our class councilor at one of his one to one sessions in my
Leaving Cert year. I asked him about the Black Mass, and he decided he
was dealing with a potential satanist....

:-)

Douglas