Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: the end of freedom
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 18:10:48 +0100

The week after my trip to Croatia was the last normal week at the office. By
Friday it was clear that Spain was going to shut down and that we would be
working from home in the foreseeable future. As it happens, we had a
colleague leaving us to go to another department, so we had an excuse for a
lunchtime drink, something we will not be able to do for some time. And I
also enjoyed a couple of last bicycle outings, walks on the beach and lunch
with friends. It is all here:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=2837

On another note, working from home is much easier these days thanks to the
tools available. We are basically maintaining our normal meeting schedule
using Microsoft Teams. Yesterday, we launched a joint study on counterfeit
medicines with the OECD, with the introductory speaches by their deputy
secretary general, our director and a few other VIPs pre-recorded from their
homes during the preceding couple of days, and the live Powerpoint
presentation done by me and a senior economist at the OECD, he in his home
in Paris and I in my home in Alicante, with an audience of 128 people on
both sides of the Atlantic. The tool used was Zoom.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: the end of freedom)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: the end of freedom)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: the end of freedom)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: the end of freedom)