Subject: [Leica] RETROSPECT 35
From: billclough042541 at gmail.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:01:43 -0500

 On a highway rest stop somewhere between Houston and Shreveport, this
little, wild, black kitten?s curiosity overcame its instinct to run. So it
watched everything, but at a distance.

   Normally, that would be the end of the commentary, but there is an
addendum.

   Five years later, while I was on the photo staff of the Houston
Chronicle, the paper decided to promote each photographer with a half-page
ad featuring a photograph of the photographer and a biographic text block.

   I was on vacation when the ads were produced. Despite being surrounded
by one of the best photo staffs in the nation, apparently no one had a
picture of me.

   So, when my advertisement ran in the paper, there was the picture of
this black cat with the headline ?MEET BILL CLOUGH.?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/RETROSPECT/Rest+Stop+Kitten_+December_+1970_+___+01035.jpg.html

_Bill

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] RETROSPECT 35)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] RETROSPECT 35)