Subject: [Leica] RETROSPECT 23
From: billclough042541 at gmail.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:43:54 -0500

 In late 1966 I was sent on temporary active duty to Thailand, and thus
began the adventure of my life. I was smuggled into the country by the U.S.
Navy with ambassadorial approval, as an enlisted sailor given the authority
of a Lt. Colonel and given Air America at my disposal.

   All this to produce a slide-show documentary on Navy Seabee civic action
programs in rural Thailand that was the first line of defense against
communist guerrilla excursions into the country. The documentary was to be
shown before a congressional funding committee.

   I was 26.

   Nothing I have done since has matched this journalistic adventure,
including the White House.

   One strong facet of the programs was medical. These children raced after
the medical corpsman?s jeep as he left a border village in southeast
Thailand.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/RETROSPECT/Thai+village+children_+January+1967.jpg.html

_Bill

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] RETROSPECT 23)