Subject: [Leica] Eagles in flight with the Z7 and the 300 f4.0Pf
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 08:55:10 -0800

At Otter Bay ferry terminal Wednesday I had the Z7 with the 300 f4.0 Pf. A
nice light combination.
The eagle was skittish and flew over the terminal but did not land - likely
because I was wearing my spring clothes instead of my winter ones.

Focus capture was very good - about the same as with the D500. Locked on
follow focus was also about the
same - helped perhaps by the new animal eye focus software that I had just
downloaded.

Three images for your viewing - all at 1/1000 f9.0 exp comp -0.3 with auto
ISO. All cropped to about half the frame.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4721.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4717.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4699.jpg.html

May be viewed large if you like. C&C always welcome

Howard

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Eagles in flight with the Z7 and the 300 f4.0Pf)
Reply from geneduprey2015 at gmail.com (Gene Duprey) ([Leica] Eagles in flight with the Z7 and the 300 f4.0Pf)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Eagles in flight with the Z7 and the 300 f4.0Pf)