Subject: [Leica] Leica and the LUG Yearbook
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:45:49 +0000

That comment raises bitter memories. Two years ago I was organising the
50th Reunion dinner for my Leaving Cert year in my old school Blackrock
College, and couldn't really get a decent enlargement from the old
school annual I had.

I contacted Layfayette who had sent one of their photographers to take
the original picture with a huge 8x10 camera complete with hood.
However, I found that, following a family split up in the business, the
glass plate negatives of many years had gone to someone who had
subsequently died. Apparently the plates had been dumped after his house
had been sold. Lord knows what important images went into that skip.

Douglas