Subject: [Leica] Monochrome
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 07:53:01 +0530

I had a Nikon D4 and a 200-400mm f4 lens sink to the bottom of a decorative
pond in a hotel in Bandhavgarh, and stay below for at least 8-10 minutes
before they were taken out (in 2014). The D4 was rescued completely by
Nikon India (cost was US$500) and works flawlessly even today. The
200-400mm lens works without a hitch from 200mm to 350mm, but for some
strange reason will not focus at 400mm (cost was US$300). Not a bad bit of
recovery for something I had mentally written off on the day the mishap
occurred. I think the Canikon pro stuff are much better engineered and
sealed to withstand extreme equipment wrecking situations than any other
manufacturer, based on my personal experiences.

Cheers
Jayanand