Subject: [Leica] Teaching an old dog new tricks: learning to shoot ultra-wide
From: lucien_vd at me.com (Lucien)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 18:49:51 +0100

The GFX 23 mm is a great lens for panoramic pictures in 65:24 mode on the
GFXs (the Xpan format) or in 6:9.

The 23mm on the GFX in 65:24 is the equivalent to the beautiful 30mm on the
XPan in panoramic mode. (Circa 17/18mm in full frame - 24x36)

That format removes the huge sky and foreground that I find sometimes boring
on landscape pictures taken with wide-angle lenses.

By the way the XPan 30mm works beautifully on the GFX 50R (like a 24mm in
full frame)

Message from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Teaching an old dog new tricks: learning to shoot ultra-wide)