Subject: [Leica] A starry night with the Z7 and Leica R28 and R100
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 08:17:07 -0800

At last the rain and wind ceased and the clouds cleared revealing a bright
star lite sky. I hauled out the Z7 and first the Leica R 28  II Elmarit.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4636.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4636.jpg.html>

4 secs ISO 800 (as are all photos except the moonshot) Orion

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4634.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4634.jpg.html>

A second view of Orion

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4669.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4669.jpg.html>

The quarter moon Z7 plus 200 - 500 VR plus 1.4extender 1/160 f8.0 ISO 800

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4651.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4651.jpg.html>

Z7 plus Leica R 100 APO 4 secs ISO 800 Orion?s belt and scabbard 4 secs ISO
800

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4654.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4654.jpg.html>

Z7 plus 100 R APO Orion?s belt 4 secs ISO 800

I have enjoyed using the M10 for star lite sky shots and the Z7 handles much
the same way with perhaps
slightly better noise suppression . Focus with the Leotax N bayoneted R
lenses was easy. Just rack
them over to the infinity stop.

Please view large if you like. C&C always welcome.

Howard