Subject: [Leica] RETROSPECT 3
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:53:13 -0600

With the limitations of lenses, space, and film stock a superb portrait.
By lenses I mean that a 21 shot at an angle to show more of the railroad
would more clearly say real union engineer also modern perspectives have
moved to a closer wider view.  But at that point in time a union railroad
employee at his age was secure in wages and employment with very little
interference while doing his job.  For many men the ideal work environment,
away from annoying home chores for days at a time, good wages, retirement
safe, no voices yelling about bad habits.  Downsides would be shorter life
expectancy, a much greater chance of a work related injury, and much poorer
diet choices compared to today.

Which is why I am enjoying your series of retrospective images, thinking
about many situations then vs now.