Subject: [Leica] Comparing portraits with Noctilux Monochrom and film
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:51:11 -0800

Choosing between the two very similar images is difficult. There?s a very
different tonality in the mid-range that makes comparison tricky and slight
compositional differences that also accentuate the foreground relief.

I tried to see them without knowing which was which. I prefer the 211 image
(Diana 4). But it?s not film/digital that makes the difference, it?s the
shading of her blouse, the lighter skin tones, the absence of shadow at her
left shoulder. But most espeically it?s the deepening of tone in her blouse
that really sets her whole body forward.

I think to really judge I?d want to adjust the skin tones so they match.

At the size of this rendering, however, there?s not a great deal of
difference.

Fun to see - thank you for taking the time and for presenting us with this
opportunity.

Adam Bridge