Subject: [Leica] Comparing portraits with Noctilux Monochrom and film
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:04:00 -0600

Mark, this is the difference in renting vs owning.  With a monochrome you
can go out and record 1200 images, edit them down to keepers in a few hours
and only be out a couple of cents for the electricity.   Then repeat the
next day.   Film is four bucks, four bucks, four bucks and you haven't
processed the film and have no idea your shutter failed at frame 7.

The thing with film is that for some artistic expression you can't get what
you want without silver or some stunningly good photoshop skills.