Subject: [Leica] RicC PAW 01 - finally
From: cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 20:51:46 -0500

> On Feb 21, 2020, at 8:19 PM, Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie> wrote:
>
> I like the flyover moon best, Ric, but that turkey vulture is one ugly
> rapacious bird.
>
> That said maybe it was denied its rightful place by your Founding Fathers
> who were perhaps a bit too lookist in their search for the emblem of the
> USA...

Not sure that the kindly and helpful vulture would not be insulted by the
possibility that one might conflate him with imperial overereach

actually, the bald eagle is largely a carrion feeder also, often stealing
its prey from other hunters, so...

I think we missed our best choice when we turned down Ben Franklin?s
suggestion of the wild turkey

ric

Message from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] RicC PAW 01 - finally)