Subject: [Leica] Uluru 2
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 21:00:46 -0800

Hi Jayanand,
The Harbour bridge picture is a stunner! You are certainly right about the
IBIS.
TFS.
Howard

Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 18:26:05 +0530
From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com <mailto:jayanand at
gmail.com>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>, PSM
        <psm-1857 at googlegroups.com <mailto:psm-1857 at googlegroups.com>>

The second installment of Uluru photographs comes from a gigantic art
installation called the Field of Dreams, which is acres of open land
densely packed with LED bulbs of various colours. It switched on at dusk,
and switched off at dawn. Unfortunately, no tripods are allowed into the
area, or in the viewing galleries. Because of this, and the fact that
descending darkness forced high exposure times, I decided to experiment by
moving the camera around during exposure. I am a fan of the Abstract
Expressionist school of painting, and this method, to me, seemed to
duplicate the spontaneity in creation that the group believed in.

Before I start, another point. I had always believed that IBIS would not be
of much use to me. I was totally wrong. The IBIS on the Nikon Z7 is akin to
magic. Here are three examples, all hand held:

1/6s @ f4 at 70mm:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/auatralia/sydney/Australia-20200114-571.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/auatralia/sydney/Australia-20200114-571.jpg.html>

Replies: Reply from geneduprey2015 at gmail.com (Gene Duprey) ([Leica] Uluru 2)