Subject: [Leica] Uluru
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 09:12:08 -0800

Hi Jayanand,
These are just wonderful. The Z7 obviously suits your shooting style very
well.
Any problems with it that bother you? Congrats on your 7 continent count.
Not many are not that peripatetic.
Bests to Neela,
Howard (and Esther says hello)

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 21:26:45 +0530
From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com <mailto:jayanand at
gmail.com>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>, PSM
        <psm-1857 at googlegroups.com <mailto:psm-1857 at googlegroups.com>>

Neela & I had gone to Australia for a fortnight in January, marking the
seventh and last continent to visit for me - now I can say that I have
visited the seven worlds of our planet. In between our sojourns in Sydney
and Melbourne we spent a day and a bit at Uluru, the vast monolith that
rises from the scrub deserts of Central Australia. The first set is
relatively straightforward, but the second, which I will post in a day or
two, will be more experimental.

To kick off, here is Uluru bathed by the warm rays of the morning sun, a
few minutes after sunrise, accentuating the red sandstone. Remember,
January is the height of summer, and even though Uluru is thousands of
kilometres away from the bushfires, it reaches 40C very early in the day.

All photographs taken with my new toy, a Nikon Z7 with the Nikkor Z 24-70mm
f4 S kit lens. The best "kit lens" I have ever used!  Together, they make a
fairly compact, lightweight combo that can be carried around the whole day
without effort - it fitted comfortably in a Billingham Hadley Small with
space left over for my Ipad Mini, mobile phone, dark glasses, reading
glasses and a small bottle of water. The perfect travel combo, IMHO. :

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/auatralia/uluru/Australia-20200117-837.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/auatralia/uluru/Australia-20200117-837.jpg.html>

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Uluru)