Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/12/2019: a bicycle ride to buy cheese
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:08:47 +0100

As I do every Sunday, I took a bike ride this morning. I decided for a
somewhat strenous ride to the town of Tibi, to buy homemade goat cheese in
Lili?s shop.
Tibi lies in a valley in the mountains above Alicante, at an altitude of
about 500 meters; to get there from my house, I have to climb up to 620
meters or so, then descend to Tibi, then climb out of the valley to a pass
at 725 meters, and then finally go home via Jijona. The length of the ride
is 70 km but it is the climbing that makes it hard. But there are some nice
views along the way. Five images.

Looking back towards Alicante from the first break, 26 km from home, at
about 400 meters elevation:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tGHW79V/A

After some more huffing and puffing, I can see Tibi through the naked almond
trees:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-FwbQKdf/A

After 40 km, I can park my bike outside Lili?s shop:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-FkbmjbK/A

Lili, surrounded by her goat cheeses and some other products of similar
artesanal producers in the area:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-h3m9KCv/A

After buying my cheese (in case you wonder, I carried it in the handlebar
bag), there is the small matter of climbing out of the Ibi valley, a 3 km
climb up to this pass:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-w7Cfps4/A

After this selfie, no more stopping?it is 27 km to get home, mostly downhill
of course.

I had miscalculated my food intake and started getting a bit lightheaded
towards the end of the ride, but by then I was almost home. All was well.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain