Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 29/11/2019: Thanksgiving in Alicante
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 18:35:16 +0100

I realize that Thanksgiving was yesterday but since I returned home from
Brussels just before midnight, all these photos were made today, very early
today.

Having left the US 24 years ago, we do not maintain many American
traditions, but we have stuck with Thanksgiving. And since we moved to Spain
12 years ago, it has become an annual ritual to celebrate it with our
closest Spanish friends (4-5 other couples) who enjoy the ?exotic? food.
Last year we skipped it because we were in the middle of a remodelling of
our newly acquired house, and we were just not up to hosting a Thanksgiving
dinner, but this year things were back to normal and it was especially
enjoyable to host the first Thanksgiving in our new house.

I had been on a business trip to Brussels and came home around 11:45 p.m.
This was the scene that greeted me:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fxZrZmx/A

The turkey was in a sorry state at this point (but there was plenty of white
meat for me on the table):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fNHz7nS/A

I had brought some nice Belgian cheese with me, and it was devoured with
pleasure:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LhVjnHk/A

A lovely smile:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tjrHksM/A

Around 2 a.m. it is time for the pecan pie:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-5h2pxHJ/A

About an hour later, our guest had left and we went to bed, tired and happy.
Needless to say, I took today off to recover from the trip and Thanksgiving,
especially since I am travelling again soon?I am off to Munich on Sunday.

In terms of food, our Thanksgiving dinner is quite traditional?turkey,
mashed potatoes, green bean casserole etc. But we add some local touches,
such as good cheese (whether Belgian or French or Spanish), and several
bottles of French champagne were also consumed, as well as some Ribera del
Duero red wine and such. The best of both worlds.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain