Subject: [Leica] Panoramas
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 09:23:59 +0530

A dozen panoramas from mu trip to South Georgia. These are all multi panel
panoramas taken hand held - I really had no option if I wanted to capture
landscapes because I invariably had a telephoto lens with me when I was on
shore, or in a zodiac! One word of caution - these have been reduced in
size a great deal in order to post it online, so fine details may have been
lost - but it does give a general idea of the beauty of the place.

First, the beautiful and otherworldly Tierra Del Fuego National Park, just
outside Ushuaia at the southernmost tip of Argentina. We visited in a
snowstorm, and I took these panoramas between flurries (the first is full
colour, the second is monochrome):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191010-7479.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191010-7458BW.jpg.html

Next are the ruins of two of the major whaling stations where the carnage
took place - both also have a strong connection to Ernest Shackleton -
Stromness was the termination point of his epic journey and Grytviken is
where he is buried:

Stromness:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191019-3269Small.jpg.html

Grytviken:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191020-3279cropped.jpg.html

The rest are various locations on the island:

Elsehul:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South+Georgia-20191015-391.jpg.html

Salisbury Plain - the first two are the views on either side of our landing
area, and the third is a monochrome one:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South+Georgia-20191016-575bsmall.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191016-587small.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191016-1041small.jpg.html

Undine Harbour:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191022-4794small.jpg.html

Gold Harbour, aka Blubber Central, where we could not land because of the
density of Elephant Seals on shore, taken from the zodiac:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191023-9706small.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191023-9739small.jpg.html

Fortuna Bay, the only one taken from the ship:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/Panorama/South-Georgia-20191024-9125small.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Panoramas)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Panoramas)