Subject: [Leica] IMG: Clara, III
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 22:29:11 -0800

Tina:? Well done!? I too like Clara III the best. Between #2 and #3,
we're splitting hairs. I like a bit of the background, and I want enough
facial detail to see who it is, and their expression. They both work,
and they both have their own beauty.

This situation is always difficult. Dark skin, a white dress and low or
contrasty lighting.? Here's my cousin's wife on their wedding day in
about 15 years ago.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/34AntionetteWindow-Final.jpg.html>

Taken on film--T400CN, which at least had wide latitude if you didn't
underexpose.? But I did a lot of digital dodging and burning to keep
detail in both the shadow side of the face and the brightly lit white
dress.? It was good enough, she loves the picture.? I suspect Clara and
her parents will love yours. One nice thing about situations like these
is that even with a super-automated do-everything DSLR, it takes a good
photographer to get the final image really well.

--Peter