Subject: [Leica] Leica Sl2 announced
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 12:36:37 -0800

Having acquired a Q2 recently, I'm not 100% sure if I really want the SL2
to replace my SL. For the type of shooting I mostly do (travel, informal
portraits of family and friends) I've found Q2 to be incredibly versatile.
It easily beats the SL with 24-90 in image quality in many situations, and
its portability means I've been using the SL less and less. The only
situation I'd pull out my SL is when I need wider than 28, or longer than
50. All other situations, the Q2 is more convenient and delivers better
images.

Applying the Pareto's principle, I would assert that 80% of the situations
is covered by 20% of the equipment weight. And for these situations that
the Q2 wouldn't cover, my collection of micro-four thirds with longer
lenses are starting to seem more than adequate.

I have been enjoying going back to having one focal length with the Q2. In
my youth, I shot only with 50mm for years, and I enjoyed the challenges it
imposed, as constraints are often a catalyst or creativity.