Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 4/11/2019: my best friend turns 60
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:42:51 +0100

I am posting this mini blog from yesterday at Copenhagen airport, waiting
for my flight home. The nine images are from yesterday in my hometown
Aarhus, where my best Lars celebrated his 60th birthday with an ?open house?
in a rented facility, with about 40 guests in attendance, starting around
3:30 pm and ending around 11 pm?very civilised hours, really.

The day began with the usual rain:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vCX5PXf/A

But that did not stop Lars?s partner Winnie from going to the bakery to buy
fresh bread and other goodies, and she also decorated the front door per
Danish tradition?we use our flag a lot in celebrations like this:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-JcGxMMD/A

We then sat down to enjoy the birthday breakfast:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-pwXSz4t/A

Around 2 p.m. we drove to the place where the party was going to be and set
everything up. The crucial supplies arrived about an hour later:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QLsCXqn/A

Lars and I share the love of good beer, so we had 50 liters of Westmalle
Dubbel and 50 liters of Sierra Nevada Torpedo, more than enough for 40
people, ten of whom were children:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-5QdQHtL/A

But man does not live by beer alone, so we also had an impressive spread of
various sausages, including some Spanish lomo I brought, as well as deer,
wild boar, lamb, and more mundane beef and pork (and some vegetarian ones
too):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-txXDHP4/A

Lars?s daughter Klara gave a wonderful speech:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-c6XL4C2/A

But the absolute high point was when Winnie, who is a professional opera
singer, performed two arias for us, and especially for Lars of course:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-q8VXXbv/A
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zCpdg3w/A

A wonderful time was had.

Cheers,