Subject: [Leica] Slightly political
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 16:45:29 +0100

I'm presuming our superior - to all other whiskies - Irish whiskey will
also get tariffed, and the irony is that the main beneficiary of this
US/EU spat generated by illegal government subsidies on both sides is
COMAC, the Chinese aircraft manufacturer which gets billions in aid from
its own government. With Boeing nosediving, COMAC will soar elsewhere.

Anyway, what next? Tariffs on Leica? Trade involves jaw-jaw and is
infinitely better than the alternative,? war-war.

Douglas
Currently both fascinated and repelled by the Brexit farce playing out
in a country next me.

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Slightly political)