Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bratislava
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 07:58:50 +0200

Last week I was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Slovak
Intellectual Property Office in the country?s capital, Bratislava. I always
enjoy such assingments, both because I like speaking at events, but mostly
because it gives me the chance to visit places, often, as in this case, for
the first time. I arrived in Bratislava around 9 p.m. on Wednesday evening,
then spent Thursday morning at the conference, but since my flight home was
on Friday morning, I was free to explore the city from about 2 p.m. on
Thursday and the rest of the day. I tried to make the most of the free time,
and the resulting gallery can be seen here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/bratislava_sept2019/index.html

As usual when I go to the capitals of the countries behind the former Iron
Curtain (as in Sofia and Warsaw last year), I am attracted to the blend of
the old parts of the city, some of the striking buildings put up during
Communist times (architecture was one of the few creative endeavours which
could be exercised relatively freely), and the post-1989 modernity.
Bratislava did not disappoint. I found it a very interesting place to which
I plan to return soon, perhaps as part of a combined trip to Vienna,
Bratislava and Budapest, all of which are within 200 km of each other (in
fact, I travelled to Bratislava by flying to Vienna and taking a train from
there).

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain