Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 38: Racing cars and racing bikes
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 00:32:05 +0100

Went along to Mondello Park circuit in Co. Kildare with my friend
Brendan as he was racing his 49 year old Mallock car in the Historic
Racing Car Association event there. The weather was extremely
unpredictable and went from sunny to torrential downpour and back again
at regular intervals. The Mallock is only fitted with an ohv 1.6 litre
Holbay modifed Ford and lacks grunt on the straights, but is competitive
in the twiddly bits. Unfortunately, we also had engine issues -
overheating ignition analyser - which restricted revs to 4,000 rpm
causing him to drop down the field from second place on the grid, and
made the interval between races somewhat fraught. I took some pictures
anyway and here's 38 of them - some repetitive, of course :-)

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Sport/Motorsport/2019/Racing+August+2019+Mondello/

Taken with various lenses on my Sony A7ii, but the longest was an
ancient pentax fit CPC 80-200 f4 which I haven't used before in
conjunction with the Sony. I have to get a decent (for daylight)
autofocus Sony fit zoom, especially as I'm promised a gilet jaune with
enhanced circuit positioning as a member of the media next time out.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] IMGs x 38: Racing cars and racing bikes)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMGs x 38: Racing cars and racing bikes)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMGs x 38: Racing cars and racing bikes)