Subject: [Leica] IMB: TBM 850 at the Airport
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 13:25:36 -0500

Thanks, Ric.

Yes, once you get above about 200 horsepower, most props take off at
so-called flat or low pitch to allow use of maximum horsepower, then are
advanced to greater pitch for best efficiency at higher speeds.? There
are tables and curves for best combinations of pitch and rpm, depending
on your objective, i.e., speed, endurance, efficiency, etc.

This airplane is listed as having a 700hp Pratt & Whitney turboprop, a
nice performer.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA